Monday, December 15, 2014

ZONE. CONFERENCE.

Hey!!

This week was a crazy week. We had zone conference this week and it was in a town called Feira de Santana, which is like 12 hours away. We took a bus there. The bus ride was pretty good.  I slept though most of it because we travel at nights. As soon as we got there we had zone conference. It was pretty cool to see all the missionaries.  I met a guy from Moscow, Idaho that grew up on a farm.  It was cool to talk to him about stuff.   He goes home in three months. We also got packages there. Haha. It actually felt like Christmas opening them up. Once zone conference was over we got back on the bus and headed for Barrieras and I didn’t sleep very good on the bus ride home. As soon as we got home we showered, changed, and went to work.








We taught some new investigators this week.  I’m starting to understand more and more Portuguese. It is still hard to speak though.  I say more and more in lessons. Ha, sometimes the people start smiling because I have accent when I speak it.  But I do understand more and more. Still hard to understand people on the street. I can follow lessons good now.  Sometimes I get really scared to speak cause I don’t want to say the wrong thing. Pronunciation is the hardest thing for me but I can definitely say it is getting easier and easier. I think when I have a Brazilian companion I will learn faster cause we speak a lot of English with each other right now.

We were supposed to baptize a guy named Montana but he is traveling for a month now so that was a bummer. I gave an airplane away this week. We have a few investigators that we go to more then others but none that’s very promising right now. Montana was suppose to get baptized this week cause he turned 18. Now he’s going to be gone for a week and then we have Lucas who also bailed on us. We will try harder with him.  We have a lot more here but some aren’t progressing. There are so many different churches here that don’t require people to do much but stand there and sing.  That makes it hard to get them to come to ours sometimes. I forgot to tell you guys we made a agreement with a lady if she came to our church, we would go to hers. So we went. A pastor just yelled the whole time and the people would put their hands in the air and do a shaking dance.  It was a really different experience. On Sunday’s all you hear on the streets here is all the different churches yelling. 



Saturday night we got done at an investigators house and headed home and while we headed home it started pouring and pouring.  We were on the opposite side of the road that our house was on. It was raining so much the water in the street was like a foot in a half to two feet deep. There were cars and motorbikes stalling out from all the water. We waited under a place for about an hour and the rain was slowing down so we just had to walk through all the water in our shoes and we got soaked!! I was standing on the sidewalk and a car went flying passed and drenched me with water.  It was crazy how much water was in the streets. We helped some guy pull his motorbike out from under a car because the water was running so fast it took his bike down the road and jammed it under a car. I guess some kid got sucked down by the water in the streets and sucked into a drain and it killed him. The water was crazy!! I’ve never seen so much water running in the streets.  You would have thought the streets were rivers and the sewer pipes were also boiling.  Water was just spewing out of them. It was still a kind of cool experience.

I got the cool origami calendar. I have been opening the letters every day now. It’s really cool!!! I think I opened the whale or shark one yesterday. You guys spent a lot of time doing that. It really means a lot to me.  I love it!! Thank you. I got the stockings and mountain house food and I put up that little tree decoration and the lights in our apartment and I turned the lights on and came back and half were blown out.  I switched the fuse and then the others blew out. I think the power was surging and blew my lights already. Stupid power here. It made me sad.  It looked cool. I also got like 7 letters. Hahahaha.  The one with dad’s with elk hair and two from grandpa and Tanessa and you. Thank you guys so much. I miss you guys a lot. Thanks for everything. It makes me cry when I think how rude I was to you at times. I really mean thanks for everything. I love you guys! I think the next time I get letters will be in six or seven weeks I’m not sure though. Next transfer is in seven weeks. :/ 



I love you guys very much and pray for your safety.  It means so much to me to hear from people at home and the different people that wrote.  The longer I’m here the more I realize how much more I love and am grateful for home and my family.  I miss my bed.  Tanessa, would it be possible for you to make me a Skype account? Only one more pday until we can talk. They said we can only talk for 45 minutes. I hope my companion lets me go longer then that. We will find computers to use to Skype. The English school said we can use their wifi we just have to find laptops to use. Just know we will get things in order this week hopefully. Love you guys!! I’m doing good so don’t worry about me. Thanks again and again so much for everything!! Dad be careful with hunting. You never know what could happen. Be careful!!





 Thanks for all the support and everything. Have a good week!

Love Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment