Monday, December 22, 2014

THE. WATER. DOESN'T. STOP.

Hey everyone!!


 This has been a pretty good week. Right after we got done emailing last week, we went to the grocery store and it started a downpour again. So we got to walk in water over our ankles in the street again. It happened twice this week that we have had to walk in water in the streets. There is nowhere for the water to go, so it all drains in the streets and then runs forever.  It gets almost annoying. Ha!




There is a pizza place here that gives us one free pizza a week and they have this bike to deliver on . . . . . .  and they let me take it for a little drive. Ha, it felt good to be on a bike for a minute.  It was kind of weird to ride, all the gears are backwards and second gear didn’t work. I wasn't on it very long. 





We taught a cool lesson this week. We made a contact with this guy that wanted a Book of Mormon.  He had recently fell off a building while he was working.  He broke his teeth out, cracked his head, and broke both his wrists and arms.  Now one wrist will never work again and the other is really weak.  He works a lot and it is hard to catch him home.  We finally were able to teach him and it was our most cool lesson yet.  He has a wife and a kid and he said he has been looking for the gospel ever since he got hurt.  He wants to know more and accepted our baptismal invite.  So hopefully we can keep teaching him and he keeps progressing.  It felt good to have a good investigator this week.

There is a ton of fruit here.  They have apples I like and more fruit than in the US. Tell grandpa the blueberries were really good. I don’t know what my favorite food is yet. The food here is all pretty good. They just have rice with everything here!!

 It is going to be different here for Christmas because it’s usually cold this time of year and here it’s the hottest time of the year. I hope that everybody has a Merry Christmas. Thanks for everything you all do for me. I’m grateful to be where I am. Sometimes it’s hard, but I know this is where the Lord wants me and where I’m supposed to be. But I can’t wait for Christmas.  The best gift is to talk to you guys.

Here is a poem I received. This poem can help you prepare for the transfer and assignments we serve in. Remember that no matter what your work is, and no matter where you serve, it is for the Lord and GREAT in his eyes. 

“Father, where shall I work today?”
And my love flowed warm and free.
Then he pointed out a tiny spot
 And said, “Tend that for me.”
 I answered quickly, “Oh no, not that!
 Why, no one would ever see,
 No matter how well my work was done.
 Not that little place for me.”
 And the word he spoke, it was not stern; …
“Art thou working for them or for me?
 Nazareth was a little place,
 And so was Galilee.”

Love you guys. Have a Merry Christmas!! Talk to you next week.

Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment