Monday, December 8, 2014

FEELING. THE. HUMIDITY.

Well, once again this week went by really fast. The days went by as fast as the weeks do. It was really hot and dry this week and none of us felt very good all week. I don’t know if it was something we ate or just the heat, but all of our stomachs hurt and we had headaches! And I got a couple bloody noses.  Haha, I really think it must just be the heat.



We meet so many people everyday here that want to know about the church, so it keeps us really busy.  We teach anywhere from 2 to 6 lessons a day.  It just depends on who is home and where we go.

Some days I feel like Portuguese is getting easier, then other days I feel like I don’t understand a thing. But things have been good. We had to get a new water filter for our apartment this week. Our last one broke and water wouldn’t go though it.

It rained all night last night and we got soaked heading back to our apartment.  During the night I got cold.  Haha!  It was probably still 70 degrees, but that’s cold here. I hope the ceiling doesn’t leak on me again.

I didn’t eat any weird food this week.  It was all pretty good.  People cook for us a lot. And we even made brownies, oatmeal cookies, and ramen noodles this week!



This week is zone conference. It takes about 12 hours by bus to get there, so we will leave Wednesday night and get there Thursday morning.  Then we will leave there Thursday night and get back here to our apartment Friday morning, so I guess we will just sleep on bus.  The bus drivers here are crazy!! They fly and then suddenly slam on their brakes.  I am excited to ride the bus in daylight to see more of Brazil.

It’s getting hot here again today.  The sun and rain are heating up. I really miss the cold a lot. There are no words to accurately describe how hot it is.  The longer summer goes here, there are more bugs and fruits that come.  Two weeks ago there were green beetles and mango fruit everywhere. Now the mangos are gone and the stupid flies are getting thicker and thicker.  That’s one thing that is the same, the same dumb flies as in the US.

Hope all is well with you guys. We are heading to lunch right now!!! Mom, thanks for everything. Talk to you next week. I miss you guys. Be careful.

Love you all.


Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment