Monday, April 6, 2015

DEFINITELY. CHALLENGING.

Hey Everybody!!

Well, this week has been hotter then usual again! We didn't recieve much rain to cool things down. We are teaching a lot of investorgators right now, but they are progressing really slow.

This week I made a contact with a lady.  After I was done talking to her she told me that her family lived in Boston, Massachusetts for 10 years and returned here 5 years ago. Her parents don't speak english very well, and the daughter tries very hard. It was cool to talk to them!! Inside their house they had things from the U.S. Haha!  Made me feel at home.  It was just a good experience. The picture of my companion and I with the family, is the family that lived in Boston.








Funny story of the week, haha! This week my companion and I were walking down the street and he said "Que Isso" haha, and  that means, what is this.  I looked over and he had more than 100 wasps flying behind him trying to sting him!!!!! Haha, we had to run to get away from them. It was the funniest thing. 

It was nice to listen to general conference. Conference was in Portuguese, but I got to listen to 1 hour in English, so that was nice. The Portuguese was so fast during some talks I had a hard time keeping up and understanding. 

I have been so grateful to be in this area and to be blessed with companions that I get along with.  I know the Lord put me where I am for a reason.  I have loved this area and the people here very much.  But I am also excited for all the people I get to meet and the new areas I get to go.  Missions are definitely challenging, but I wouldn't want to be any where than right where I am at. 

Things are going well for me. I am grateful to be here and to be a part of our church. It sure is a big blessing in our lives.

My favorite quote from conference was, "God cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming than about who we once were."  Elder Dale G. Renlund

If you have some time, check these videos out. 

He Lives

Here is one we are teaching in Portuguese!  You will probably understand the pictures. 

Portuguese video

Love you with all my heart.
Èlder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment