Monday, April 27, 2015

COKE. CAN. WITH. NICK.

Well, I got moved to another area called Feira De Santana.  The city that I am in is called Santo Amaro.  This city was an old slave town and has a lot of African American decent.  The people here are really poor. 

But . . .  there is actually a chapel here with a piano, haha, so that is really nice!!  And the ward here is quite a bit bigger, but there are less active investigators than my last area. It makes me really excited because that means there is work to be done.





Our house is bigger than our last house but we don't have any hot water to take a shower.  And it is ice cold!!!!!  Right now, an ice cold shower is one of the hardest parts.  There are four of us in the house; two Brazilians and two Americans, counting me. The one in the blue shirt is my companion and the one in the red tie is the other American in our house.   We do have a stove, a fridge, and a washer; which isn't quite as nice as my last one, but we have one. And I sleep warm and okay on my bed.  I am extremely grateful to have those commodities. 







We are about 15 minutes from the coastline but I haven't been able to take pictures yet.  It is a little more cool here then Barrieras, but not much. 

I am excited to start working here in Santo Amaro and I am blessed to continue to have wonderful companions that I get along with.

I can't believe it is time to almost call home.  I sure look forward to the times I can talk to my family.

And don't worry about me.  I am safe with everything.  I sure do love you guys.  Right now the people in this lan house are listening to oldies.   The song right now is saying, "Come Together, right now, over me!"  Oldies remind me of you, mom and dad!  :)  And the internet is a lot more expensive here than Barrieras. 

Here is a parting quote from Gordon B. Hinckley, "Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed.  The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages required a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise . . . . The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." 

That is all for this week.  I sure hope everyone at home is doing well.  Know I pray for all of you.

Talk to you next week and much love.
Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment