Monday, March 2, 2015

I. KNOW. HE. HEARS. OUR. PRAYERS.




Hey!

This week has been a little more slow than usual. I think I am down to only one week left in this area.  The mission president is coming to visit this week, so I will know more about transfers when he comes. 

I am pretty excited because this week we get to watch a film.  The mission president gave missionaries the ok to watch Disney films.  We are watching a film with an investigator this week.

I can’t believe it is time to get my hair cut again today and we are going to buy groceries.  I am hoping to get a package of my things shipped this week before I transfer out of this area.

This week I have thought a lot about being called to be a missionary.  President Henry Eyring said, You see, there are no small callings to represent the Lord. Your call carries grave responsibility. But you need not fear, because with your call come great promises.  Your answers comes by the Holy Spirit. You will need that guidance often. To have the Holy Ghost as your companion you must be worthy, cleansed by the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So, your obedience to the commandments, your desire to do His will, and your asking in faith will determine how clearly the Master can guide you by answers to your prayers.  There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. Well, you are inadequate to answer a call to represent God with only your own powers. But you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone.”

I think my favorite lessons to teach are the restoration of the gospel and the gospel of Jesus Christ. My favorite scripture is still John 3:16.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

All of our investigators that were close to baptism left town for the weekend. But we had a cool experience yesterday. So my mom sent my paracord rope to make the kids here those cool bracelets.  Yesterday, I had a second, so I made one really fast before we had to go to work. I just sat it on my table and right before we left, I had a feeling to put it in my pocket, so I did.

Then we started walking and I forgot about it. After we had been walking for about 15 minutes, we got a phone call. The man on the phone said that he needed us at his house because somebody needed a blessing. He said the boys kept saying he was about to die. When he called, we were literally 30 seconds from his house. 

So we got to his house and the boys that needed our help were a little further down towards the canal around here. When we got there his mom met us at the door and immediately started crying. We went into the boys room and he was curled up in a ball rubbing his head like crazy and making a weird sound.

We couldn’t get him to talk at all, so we said a prayer. He slowly got better and better.  We were there for about 2 and a half hours. By the time we left, he seemed like he was better. But I remembered I had put the bracelet in my pocket.  I gave it to him and it made him excited. I think the kid has some problem with his head, but I’m not sure. He kept saying “sono” which means dream. I sure hope he is better now.

It made me realize how strong of a influence prayer has on people. He had been rubbing his head and making that sound for about 1 hour before we got there. As soon as we said the prayer, you could tell he was a lot more calm. I am grateful that we are able to talk to our Father in heaven and I know he hears our prayers and answers them as well.

That is about it for this week! Hope all in well with you guys. Talk to you next week.

Eu amo voces tanto. tchau.

Love, Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment