Monday, March 23, 2015

GRATEFUL. FOR. THE. OPPORTUNITY.


Hey!!

Hope all is well with you guys!!!

This week has been kind of slow. My companion had an infection in his foot and had to get a shot. We had to stay in the house for a day.  I was able to read my scriptures and write a couple talks.  It has been more cool here this week from the rain.  It has been so nice. I also had an allergic reaction and am getting over a rash on my back.  We were supposed to go hike the hill again but it was close to raining and we were all tired this week.  We decided to stay home and get feeling better. 




I am pretty excited for general conference.  I am not sure how it works over here and when we get to watch it.  This will be my second general conference on my mission.  I look forward to watching what everyone else is watching back home.  There are always great messages to learn from general conference.

On Sunday we randomly had this guy stop up to church and want a blessing. So we gave him a blessing and got his address and will start teaching him this week. I don’t know how he knew about our church, but he just showed up out of nowhere, so that was pretty cool. We are hopeful about teaching him the lessons. 

This week we have zone conference in Feira de Santana; 10 or 12 hours from here. So we will be sleeping on the bus again. But I am excited we should finally receive some mail. It is also nice to do something a little different, see other parts of Brazil, and spend time with the missionaries out here.  But most importantly there are great lessons to be learned at zone conference. 




The language is getting better and better. The companion I have now, Elder Machado, is helping me a lot with it. I can see more improvement day by day. When we teach lessons I can feel the spirit a lot stronger because I can finally understand. I’m grateful to be serving our Lord and the great people here. I am also very grateful for the members. I have made some very close friends. 



I have also learned how important my family is to me.  Sometimes it takes going to another country to appreciate all everyone did for me! :) I love you all.  I hope life is going well for everyone and I hope you know how much the Lord knows you and loves you. 

Talk to you guys later.

Eu sou muito grato pelo oportunidade eu tenho de estar aqui. Eu amo voces. (I am very grateful for the opportunity to be here.  Love you guys)

Much love, Elder Nickerson

President Hinckley's daughter, when asked how her father has accomplished so much, stated; "He doesn't worry.  He has removed worry from his life and trusts the Lord so much that he has no worry. He says that when we free ourselves of worry, we have so much energy to do good."

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is.  It all works out.  Don't worry.  I say that to myself every morning.  It will all work out.  Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future."  President Gordon B. Hinckley



No comments:

Post a Comment