Monday, March 9, 2015

VOCE. VAI. FICAR. AQUI.

Hey Everybody.

Well, I found out this week that I will be staying here in Barreiras for another transfer, so another 6 weeks. President said he doesn’t know why I’m staying here, but he said I still need to be here. It makes me feel extremely blessed to know that there is a higher power looking out for me.  I couldn’t believe when the President said, “voce vai ficar aqui.”  It means you will stay here.  My companion will head to Salvador to be the zone leader tonight at 6:45.  He has six more weeks in the mission and then he is heading home.  I think I will get another Brazilian companion on Wednesday this week. At least that is what President told me.  I am pretty excited to stay because I have grown so close to and fond of the people in this area. 




This week President Lisonbee came from Salvador and we had a zone meeting.  That was cool!! I’m just really excited that I get to stay here and work in Barreiras for 6 more weeks. There is plenty of work to be done here. Ever since I have been here, there are some investigators that are still not baptized. But maybe they will be while I am here.  It made me feel good because there are people here that were so excited I was staying in this area.  Some wrote in my journal that said, “ja tem falta para voce.”  It means they already missed me even though I hadn’t left.  

The President told me they have a package waiting for me this week.  They will send it out with my new companion. I talked to Sister Lisonbee and she told me that a lot of missionaries get pains in their sides from the change in appetite.  It was nice to be able to speak English with President and Sister Lisonbee.  I heard from my first companion, Elder Bailey, and he is doing well.  It is nice to keep in contact with him.   It is still just really hot here and the streets are really dusty.






I have been making bracelets for people, even the wife of a counselor in the bishopric asked me to make her one.  They love the bracelets here.  But I only have 3 more buckles left. 

That’s about all for this week. Love you guys!! Hope all is well with everyone. Talk to you guys next week.

Eu amo voces (I love you guys). Obrigado por tudo (Thank you for everything).

Much Love,

Elder Nickerson

"Sometimes a single phrase of a testimony can set events in motion that affect someones life for eternity."  President Uchtdorf


From Nick's Family 

We wanted to say thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for all the kind words, love, and prayers for our son and brother.  We are so proud of him and know of the blessings he is receiving for serving a mission and the blessings our family also receives.  We feel so loved and strengthened by all your support.  Nick wanted to make sure that you all know he feels of your love.  Thanks again for everything you have all done for us and everything you continue to do for us.  We love you and appreciate all you do for Nick and our family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment