Monday, February 23, 2015

LOVE. LIFE.

Hey everybody!!!

This week has been a good week. We were finally able to have another baptism and it was a really cool experience.  The first member of his family to be baptized. His name is Douglas.




This week we have done a lot of things. We took a picture by a statue of liberty here in Barrieras.  Today for pday we went to a waterfall about an hour away from here. It was really pretty there!!











Haha and on our way there we passed a bunch of farms and equipment, and it made me feel at home a little bit. The equipment, pivots, and everything are the same, just used for different variety of plants.





I think that I only have 2 more weeks here in Barrieras. It makes me sad cause we have some investigators that I have become good friends with.  I have a lot of people here that I really enjoy teaching.  I have really grown to love them and I wish I could stay here and help them get baptized. But . .  I think I will leave here in two weeks. There are just a lot of families here I love a lot. 



My Portuguese is getting a lot better!! I feel like I am able to contribute more. When I teach I can feel the spirit a lot more now cause I can some what explain what I'm trying to say. It's getting better and better as time goes on. It sure was nice to baptize Douglas. He is a awesome young man and we are helping his family progress toward baptism, so that will be cool.

But that is about it for this week!! Sorry last week I didn't write much. The internet crashed and it was the week of carnival and all the internet shops were closed. I am feeling much much better than the last few weeks.

Gordon B Hinckley said, "Don't be gloomy.  Do not dwell on unkind things.  Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.  Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face.  Accentuate the positive.  Look a little deeper for good.  Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart.  Love life."

But I hope all you guys are doing well. Thanks for everything!!!

Love you all. Talk to you next week.

Elder Nickerson


O . . . I also got to shoot a gun this week.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment