Monday, February 16, 2015

BRAZILIAN. CARNIVAL.

Hey Everybody!!

These past two weeks have been very busy, but all is well.  The internet has been awful today and I am only on the computer for just a minute today.  Things have been good.  We didn't have any baptisms this week, but some are getting closer and closer every day.  I am still getting along with my companion and I improve with the language every day.  Every day it is a little clearer and a little easier to speak.

I met an American today from Minnesota.  He use to farm there and now he lives here.  He didn't know much Portuguese, but it was cool to see an American.  I have sent you his email, please make sure to send him a link to the blog.

I was pretty excited I got 3 letters last week.  Two from Ray and Cheryl.  Thank you, thank you!! Please make sure they know I said thanks.  It means so much to me when I receive letters.  I also got one from mom with the little card of the kingdoms of glory.

Today we were able to hike that little hill here again.  It is always so hot here and we got soaked on the way back home.  There is a waterfall here we are hoping to be able to visit before I transfer from this area.  Here is a picture of a stick bug!!




Right now is the Brazilian Carnival.  The carnival is the biggest party of the year here.  It is usually in the city and it is a week long party.  There are celebrations and parades and it actually goes throughout the whole country.  Shops close early and everyone just celebrates.  That is why we have had a hard time finding internet today.  Everything is closed.

I am finally feeling better this week.  I was able to see a doctor, get some medicine, and I no longer have the sharp pain in my side.  The pills from the doctor fixed it.

I sure love you guys.  I may be hiking to the waterfall next pday.  I have more pictures to send next week when I have more time and better connection.  Thank you for everything you all do for me.



Here is a quick thought for the week.

Trials give us opportunities to show the Lord and ourselves that we will be faithful.  We can choose to feel sorry for ourselves and ask, "Why me?" or we can grow from our trials, increase our faith in the Lord, and ask, "How can I be faithful in the midst of this trial?"  We can let adversity break us down and make us bitter, or we can let it refine us and make us stronger.  We can allow adversity to lead us to drift away from the things that matter most, or we can use it as a stepping-stone to grow closer to things of eternal worth.

I am grateful to serve a mission.  I love the people here.

Amo todos voces.  Falo com voce na proxima semana.

Love,
Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment