Monday, February 9, 2015

TO. GIVE. THEM. LIGHT.

Hey everybody!

It has been a busy week this week.  I had to go get tested at the doctor's office.  I have been having a sharp pain on my side.  I was able to get tested and everything came back negative, so that was good to hear.  The doctor told me to drink a lot more water. 




This past week there has been no sunshine at all.  At nights I sleep in sweats and my two blankets and I have still been getting cold. Hahahaha.  It was like 85 degrees in our house last night and that is kind of cool to me now.  It has rained so hard and for so long two days in a row, we had to stay in the house for 4 hours to wait the storms out. 




One of the elders in our apartment just had his first baptism on Sunday.  That was cool for him.  We had baptism papers filled out for our baptisms this week and the dad decided he would not let his kids get baptized.  We are still teaching and praying for them to be able to have that opportunity. 

Jesus Christ is also the light of the world because his example and his teachings illuminate the path we should walk to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven.  Before Jesus was born, Zacharias prophesied that the Lord God of Israel would visit his people "to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide [their] feet into the way of peace." 

Can you believe my long hair?? We are going to get it cut today. I am also going to send some stuff home in the mail to you guys this week.  My companion and I are still getting along really well.  Feeling pretty lucky to have two great companions in a row.  Portuguese still has its good and bad days, but for the most part I think it is starting to sink in.

I sure love you guys.  Know that I am feeling good and will keep up on my health. Thanks for all! Be safe with everything this week.

Talk to you soon.

Eu te amo e sinto muito grato por estar aqui. Amar a vida como missionario. 

Elder Nickerson




No comments:

Post a Comment