Sunday, December 27, 2015

FELIZ. NATAL. SKYPE.

Hey Everybody!!

I don't have much time today, But this past week went really well. We ended up going to Salvador for our Christmas meeting and it was really good. Here in our area they ended up taking out two elders, so now only me and my companion are in the house and our area doubled in size.  So now we have plenty of work to do. 

This week I was also able to talk to my family!  It is such a great Christmas present to be able to see their faces and spend an hour with them.  I can't believe I will only have one more time talking to them before I am home.  9 months is going to go by pretty fast.  It already feels bitter sweet.  I am grown to love this area and the love the people here.  But more than that I love the Lord and the gospel.  I wouldn't change this experience for anything in the world.  I am grateful I still have 9 more months to serve the Lord and the wonderful people here.

This week I was able to make myself a birthday cake and a cheesecake.  It was great to have American food and to share it with my companion.  Sunday is my birthday and I have one more cake to make.  I was able to receive some Christmas packages from my mom.  It is always nice getting a little something from home, especially in the month that is Christmas and my birthday.  

On Christmas morning I was able to Skype with my family and there is nothing better than that.  It is something that all missionaries really look forward to.  It builds up and builds up.  It is always hard saying goodbye, but it means I am one step closer to the finish line. Some members in the ward had a nice Sunday lunch for us.  It is great to celebrate the birth of our Savior and all that he did for us.  

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for eternal families and that I was able to spend some time talking to my mine this Christmas. I am so lucky to have the family I do and I am so grateful for all their love and support. They sure made this Christmas special for me.


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!  


Love,
Elder Nickerson









No comments:

Post a Comment