Friday, October 24, 2014

HALFWAY. MARK. AT. MTC.

Hey everybody!!

Sorry, I'm on so late! The traffic was really slow and we went to the Campinas temple. It was really cool, I finally got to see Marilee and Jon, my aunt and uncle, in the temple video. It was awesome!! It made me feel closer to home. The temple video was in Portuguese, but I had a headset for English. It was so cool to see them in the video.

This week has been a pretty good week. We got to go out and go proselyting.  I helped give away 6 or 7 Book of Mormons. It was cool! One guy didn't want to talk at all and we can hardly speak any Portuguese.  He looked irritated at first. But I bore my testimony in the best Portuguese I could, and at the end I said presente para voce (present for you) and gave him a Book of Mormon.  And when I said thanks and shook his hand, I felt the spirit so strong. It looked like he was about to cry, it was sooooo cool!!

The language is really hard and I think I just have to be patient.  It is going to take some time to get use to it. I'm noticing I understand a little more! The language is just really hard.  I also gave my first blessing to my companion this week, I think that it went really good.  My companion is so hard.  My district tells me they feel bad for me. He has no respect for anybody and thinks he knows it all. I can't wait to see what a different companion is like. They talked to the President about him. We don't know what to do. He blames his problems on us, but oh well, the teachers and everybody are starting to see it. I don't have much longer with him anyways. It's hard to believe I have been here for 24 days or close to that.  We are still at 5% water supply. There is not much rain at all.  It is very hot and humid during the day and kinda chilly at night. I don't think I will ever get use to waking up not in my bed. Mornings are hard, get up by six or six-thirty, and just the thought of class and being with my companion all day is enough to drive a person crazy. But it's ok, I'm alomst out of here!

The water here is filtered so they have drinking fountains and yes, I have used some money on the street.   I don't know if there is a spot to exchange my American money though. I don't know when to stop sending letters to me here because I'm not sure when I leave yet. Tell Betty and Norman and Kinslee thanks for the letters.  I love hearing from people at home. We get to go to the street after this! Hopefully I have time to mail my letters. I have three more envelopes ready to mail to you guys. Tanessa, forward my long message to Cory and Chris. I love you guys! Thanks for all the letters! I want to keep them all. What should I do if I get too many that I cant keep them all? Cause I really want to keep them. Tanessa, I am getting all the pictures. I like them a lot. Have you guys gotten my letters yet?  Dad, I heard the mail takes longer to get to you guys. 

Tell Grandpa I love him and he better be around when I get home.  I love what time of year you guys are going into. The late bull hunt is almost open!!  Tell Jared I said hello and get the big one!! There is an Elder here that was in a ward Luke Pancheri served in.   His name is Elder Brandon Welch. His ward was the old mill ward in the Omaha Nebraska mission. Tell Luke's parents to tell him.

Oh yeah there was a another lady here that had camped in Howe before. We were going in to teach a lesson and that's all I could talk to her about. She just said they camped in Howe.

On Wednesday we get pizza here. It's not as good as homes though.  They feed us mostly Brazilian food. Rice, beans, meat, and different types of Brazilian food. It isn't bad for how much they have to make. Mom, I think I've gained five pounds. All we do is eat, sit in a classroom, and eat some more. We get 45 mins of physical activity, but that doesn't do anything.  Some teachers are very very ornery here and act like we are three.  It sometimes gets very annoying.

I cannot wait until I come back home with you guys. Tell eveybody hello.  Tell Stephanie and Kallee I love them and miss them and thanks for all the letters. I love you guys so much! They could kick us off at any minute. Remember I'm grateful for everything you guys have done and still do. I love you all so much.  Be safe with everything.  Mom, I will take care of myself. I think I can use debit crad most anywhere but I haven't cause I still have cash.
 
Thanks for everything. I love you guys. I wish I could talk longer but they dont let us. It's dumb.  I wish you would get my letters, I explain stuff better. Thanks for all the support. Thanks for all the prayers and fasting.

I love you guys. 30 seconds left. Tell everybody I said hello. Bye! Talk next week, bye, love you.

 Talk to you guys later, Love Elder Nickerson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment