Monday, June 13, 2016

I. LOVE. THE. LORD. WITH. ALL. MY. HEART.

Hey everyone!

This week was a slower week.  We are always working, teaching, and praying hard.  All we can do is put our heads down and go to work.  We have families that we are teaching and we hope to have baptism dates set soon. 

I love this gospel with all my heart and want to make the most of the time I have left here.  I can't believe that in 10 short weeks I will be home.  This has been the best experience and I have learned so much.  I am grateful I have 10 more weeks to devote to the Lord. 

I have gained an endearing testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Through Him, and only through Him can we be saved and return to live with our families again.  I have a strong testimony of the Atonement, of all the sacrifices the Lord went through for us.  I know he would have done that for just me.  I love the Lord with all my heart and I want to share the gospel with as many people as I can while I am still here.  

The gospel is the same no matter where we live. The gospel is available to all those that will open their hearts and minds to His teachings and trust in His ways.  It isn't always easy giving up habits or ways of the world, but it is the only way.  The most important thing we can do in this life is follow the Lord and listen to His spirit.  When we are in tune with the Spirit, he will guide us in the best possible direction in our life, even if at the time it doesn't seem so.  The Lord's way is always the best way.  

I hope to share the light and love of Christ with as many people as I can.  I love the people here and it is going to be a bitter sweet day when I come home.  I can't wait to see my family, but I will sure miss the people of Brazil.  

I love the Lord with all my heart.  I am grateful to serve Him and spread His gospel.  I hope that everyone has a great week.  

With all the love, 

Elder Nickerson


No comments:

Post a Comment