Monday, July 6, 2015

HERE. FISHY. FISHY.

Hey everybody, this week has been a  really good week!!

First off, we found out that I will be staying here in Santo Amaro and so will my companion. That means I will have been with the same companion for 3 transfers now. 


This week a lot has happened!  We were able to find a new house and we moved into our house on Saturday! It was pretty exciting.  But also that same night we didn't have any water, but they got it turned on yesterday.  We also have someone coming today to take some wood out of our ceiling because there are bats living in there.  And we are cleaning out our old house today.  The new house is a lot better than our last house by far! The ceiling doesn't leak water and our house isn't filled with mold. And we actually have hot showers again. We also were able to take our appliances with us to our new home.  Because this house is much bigger, we will have those two other companions move in this week.






This week here in Brasil they celebrate the 2nd like we do the 4th. It was cool here, the streets were filled with marching bands and a bunch of people dressed up. 



Haha!! And this week we were walking down the streets and there were people fishing, so we asked if we could try really fast.  And I caught a fish!!  It was awesome.  Haha!! I'm not sure what kind of fish, but it was cool.




Right now we are teaching this older couple. I met them on my first day here. The lady's name is Crueza, she wants to be baptised really bad, but can't because they aren't married yet. The guy she is living with has a problem with the word of wisdom. And he won't do anything with the marriage papers. And Crueza doesn't have another place to go. I really want to help them join the church and really enjoy helping them. Every time we go to her house you can see how excited she is when she sees us at her gate. She looks forward all day to our visits.



It sure does make me grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and find and help people that are needing help here. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be in Brasil and the be a Missionary for our Savior. It's crazy to think I have almost been out a year. Feels just like yesterday that I left the U.S. 

"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude,"  President Monson said.  "My sincere prayer is that we may, in our individual lives, reflect that marvelous virtue:  an attitude of gratitude."

Well, that's about it for the week. I hope that all you guys have a good week. Thanks for all the support and prayers. 

Talk to you guys later.

Love, Èlder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment