Monday, June 29, 2015

THE. BOOK. OF. MORMON. IN. MY. LIFE.

Hey!!

I hope that everybody had a good week! My week went really fast! 

First off, this past week here in the Bahia, there was a big party called the São João. It is where they put stacks of wood in front of their homes and light them at night! So the city has been filled with smoke and fireworks. 

What is São João?







We also had a meeting in Salvador and while we were there, I was able to do my first split time teaching in Salvador. 







This week it has rained a lot!! And we are still living in our same house and it has gotten worse.  Every room but one bathroom is leaking water! Haha, so we searched for another house and hopefully we can switch here soon.






 
We were able to have a couple family home evenings this week and we got to make pizza. We were also able to leave a message from The Book of Mormon. I am sure am grateful for the opportunity I have to have The Book of Mormon in my life and to be here in Brasil serving our Lord. I know by reading the Book of Mormon we can get nearer to our Father in Heaven. I also know that God hears our prayers when we take the time to talk to him. 




This is the last week of this transfer and I think my companion is going to be leaving after this one, so I should be getting a new companion here soon. That means I will be here for about another six weeks. That is about it for the week.  I did get to eat duck and crab this week and both tasted pretty good.  

 I hope you all have a good week. Talk to you guys later.

If you have some time, you should read this talk on the Book of Mormon.

The Book of Mormon is the keystone in our witness of Jesus Christ, who is Himself the cornerstone of everything we do.  It bears witness of His reality with power and clarity.  Unlike the Bible, which passed through generations of copyists, translators, and corrupt religionists who tamper with the text, the Book of Mormon came from writer to reader in just one inspired step of translation.  Therefore, its testimony of the Master is clear, undiluted, and full of power.  But it does even more.  Much of the Christian world today rejects the divinity of the Savior.  They question His miraculous birth, His perfect life, and the reality of His glorious resurrection.  The Book of Mormon teaches in plain and unmistakable terms about the truth of all those.  It also provides the most complete explanation of the doctrine of the Atonement.  Truly, this divinely inspired book is a keystone bearing witness to the world that Jesus is the Christ.

Love, 
Èlder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment