Monday, June 8, 2015

HE. IS. THERE.

Hey guys!

Here is a picture of my Jomafa Zone Meeting.


This week was a good week.  The week really went by fast. We found out that we aren't able to move into the new apartment we found.  It is not quite big enough for all six of us.  So we are back to hunting for a new apartment.

We also found some new people to teach this week.  We were able to get them to come to church with us.  We always find a lot of people through out the week in our travels, but it is sometimes disappointing when they promise to come to church and we don't see them.  I know that just means we have more work to do and that is why I am here, but there are times it gets discouraging when people don't show up on Sunday.

But I am really amazed at how the Lord is so much aware of all of us. He definitely is the light in our darkness and he leads us missionaries to where we need to go and  to the people that need to hear what we have to say.

I have a quick story from Elder Hugh Brown.  Before Elder Brown left on a mission, his mother told him: "Hugh, you remember when you were a little boy and you would have a bad dream or wake up in the night frightened?  You would call from your room, 'Mother, are you there?' and I would answer and try to comfort you and remove your fears.  Now as you go on a mission and out into the world, there will be times when you will be frightened, when you feel weak, inadequate, alone, and have problems.  I want you to know that you can all to your Heavenly Father as you used to call to me and say, 'Father, are you there? I need your help.' Do this will knowledge that He is there and that He will be ready to help you if you will do your part and live worthy of your blessings.  I want to reassure you that He is there and will answer your prayers and needs for your best good.

I still haven't been able to see the coastline in this area.  This has been my seventh week in this area.  Today we were going to go to the beach and maybe even go fishing, but the sun never came out.  It has still been raining a lot here. It is really hard hard rain. I guess I better get use to it because they tell me that is what happens here in the winter months.

The elders and I are still getting along.  But just like everyone we all have our up and down days.  It always helps when we are busy, teaching, and doing service.

I am grateful for the gospel and the opporutnity that I have to serve a mission.  I know the Lord knows me and he helps me everyday.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss home and my family, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than where I am.

It is pretty crazy to think that I have a little over a year left out here.   Some days are fast and some days are slow, but before we know it my mission will be over.  I try to make the most of it while I have the experience.

Thanks for all.  Be safe.  I sure do love you guys and miss you guys.  Have a good week.

Much love,
Elder Nickerson




No comments:

Post a Comment