Monday, January 12, 2015

FEAR. NOT.

Hey Everybody!!

This was a good week. 

Missionary work has been kind of slow for us here during the holidays, but this last week has really picked up.  We had two investigators accept our baptismal invite and date, so hopefully they keep progressing.  This week we also had 4 or 5 people stop their cars and ask what we were doing because they had heard about our church.  I help with the lessons more and more.  Portuguese is still hard but this week I had people tell me I spoke good Portuguese for only being here 3 months.  So that was pretty cool to hear.  It has been really hot again this week without much rain at all.  We had two of our investigators come to church this Sunday and had a less active member we have been working with come too.  This week has been a lot better and more encouraging for missionary work.  I’m grateful to be here and spread the gospel to these people here.  I love the people. 







We got to hike a mountain with our zone leaders today.  There were 8 of us that went on the hike.  I took my machete!   . . .  only to chop the trees!!  Haha.  And of course, it was really hot.   I didn’t see much ‘wildlife’.  I saw some parrots and birds.  Some small little snakes and a lot of bugs.  But that was it.   It was a lot of fun.  I got a lot of pictures but won’t have time to upload them all. 

I got a couple packages this week.  I love the shorts and omelet pan.  I’m excited to use my omelet pan.  I will try it out this week.  I also got a package from Marilee!!! 


Transfers are at the end of this month.  I can’t believe how fast time flies.  My companion will get transferred on the 24th.  It is the last Sunday here and I think I will have a companion that only speaks Portuguese next.  I will probably learn more of the language that way. 

We ate some interesting things this week.  We ate cow feet, liver, and intestine.  I didn’t eat much, but what I did eat I just had to swallow and not chew.  It was really different compared to what I am use to. 

We were talking to this guy this week at night and he seemed a little off.  Then out of nowhere another guy came up and pushed the first guy we were talking to and said to him, “Don’t mess with these guys they are men of god”.  We are not really sure why he said that to the guy we were talking to.  He must of known something was up, but luckily nothing ever happened.  But it seemed a little strange. 




Look at this cool scripture case I got.  It has Nephi hunting on the front with a bow and arrow.  The liahona and the sword of Laban strapped to his side and there are animals.  Then on the side is my mission and flags.  The back is army of Helaman.  It is so awesome!!!

Thanks again for everything.  I feel lucky to be on the Lord’s team.  I sent letters home last week so maybe they will arrive soon.  I will work hard this week.  I love you guys very much.  Be safe and have a good week!


Amo voces!! 

Elder Nickolas Nickerson




No comments:

Post a Comment