Monday, January 19, 2015

ELDER. BAILEY.

Hey guys!!

This week has been a good week! The first of the week we had a zone meeting in Luiz, Eduardo, about an hour and a half from here. The meeting was really good. 

This week we found a family to teach and have been teaching a guy named, Jackson, and he keeps progressing. So hopefully he stays with it. We set two baptism dates for next week and are praying they follow through.

We teach a lot of people but it’s hard to get them all to progress and continue with the gospel. This will be my last week with my American companion. He gets transferred next Monday and I will then probably have a Brazilian companion whom only speaks Portuguese.  So hopefully that goes well.  I am very fortunate and blessed to have had Elder Bailey as my companion.  I am going to miss him.  I believe the Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he sent me to serve with him.   He has seven months left in the field. We will find out on Saturday when and how the transfer will take place.   I bet I am here for 6 or 7 more weeks and then I will be transferred to a new area.  I think I am going to learn a lot of Portuguese with a Brazilian companion.  But Portuguese is getting easier. 

Once again it was very very hot this week.  I have heard that other areas here are not this hot.  For some reason it’s an oven here compared to other places in the city.  We are in a hole and the sun just cooks the cement and streets and makes it even that much hotter.  Five or six at night, when the sun goes down, is when it finally starts to cool off. 

Also, this week we had a lunch with a member here and after the lunch they had a surprise party for me and another companion here for our birthdays. They gave me a shirt and tie!!! It was nice and so cool.



Well, I hope everything is well with you guys and thanks for everything you guys do!  Two years seems forever away but the weeks always fly by.  I am very grateful to be serving a mission.  Sure love you guys.  Hopefully we can get a couple baptisms this week.  

Be safe.  Talk to you guys later.


Love Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment