Monday, February 15, 2016

HOME. SWEET. HOME.

Hey Everybody!!

This week has been very good for us here. We were able to get a lot accomplished. We have been very busy this week, and we made a lot of new investigators. I am really enjoying my new area and my new companion. The ward here helps a lot and are really nice. Right now we are teaching a lot of people that are interested in the gospel and were able to get a few of them to church.  Hopefully this week we can put a baptism date on them.

There is a man here that is a member of the church but has gotten really sick.  There isn't a cure for his sickness and he just gets sicker and sicker with time. He is just over 30 years old and is slowly losing movement in his body. We visited him a few times, and I found out that it was a American that baptized him.  And he started talking about jerky and he said it had been 12 years that he hadn't eaten jerky. And he wondered if I had any.  My mom ended up sending some to me in my last package so I was able to give him some jerky! He sure was excited to see it when I gave it to him.

That's about it for the week. Things are going good here. Just as hot as always!! I sure am grateful to be here on the mission. It is crazy how fast time is flying. I hope all is well with you guys. Talk to you guys later!!
 
Love, Èlder Nickerson

Here are a few pics from our house here!!
 
Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load. But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness.”
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment