Monday, November 16, 2015

PETROLINA.

Hey everybody!

Well, a lot has happened this week. I ended up getting transferred to a city called Petrolina. It is about 7 or 8 hours from Salvador. We caught an oni-bus and spent the night traveling. I also ended up getting my new companion, Elder Saldanha, he is from Rio Grande do Sul, and from the city of Santa Maria. He has just under 3 weeks in the mission, so I will be training him here. 

We are both new in our area so we have to open it.  The last elders that were here didn't write any addresses of people or anything, so we have to start with all new contacts.  We have been making a ton of contacts trying to find some people to teach. 

Here in Petrolina it is hottest part of our mission and this time of year is the hottest here in Brasil. At 10:00 in the morning last week it was already 95 degrees inside the house.  And at night time it doesn't hardly cool down. It is very hot here.  No words to describe how hot it is. It reminds me of the sand dunes. There is a lot of sand here. 

Petrolina is no longer part of the Bahia, we are now in a different state.There are a lot of people here lighter skinned. And there is a lot of wealthy people. The city is also a lot cleaner then the other cities I have been through.  

There is also a chapel here and a lot of youth and returned missionaries that like to help the missionaries. So I'm excited I get to be here! 

Well, that's about it for the week. Time is passing faster and faster here in the field. I'm grateful to be a missionary for our Savior and help people have the gospel in their lives. I hope all is well with you guys. Thanks for everything. Talk to you guys later bye.

Com Amor, 
Elder Nickerson!








No comments:

Post a Comment