Monday, August 24, 2015

DISTRICT. LEADER.

Well, this week has been a really good week for us here! 

First off, we started the week off with transfers and I ended up staying here in Santo Amaro. I was also made district leader.  

They ended up closing an area here. So now, the elder that was in the area that closed is now my companion, and my companion that I had ended up leaving for another city. That means our area here has doubled in size and we stay really busy. 

My companion right now arrived here in Salvador with me, but I have one more month out than him because I was in the CTM longer than he was.   His name is Elder Grossi and he is from a city called Paranaguà. 

This week has been extremely busy for us. The other city we are working in is called San Fransisco Do Conde, and is 30 to 45 minutes away from Santo Amaro.  Two days out of the week we have to go there, then the rest of the days we stay here and work. 

This week we were able to find a lot of new people to teach and a lot of our investigators are progressing. Sunday was also very busy for us when we arrived at church. We had two people we have been teaching come up to us and tell us they are ready to be baptized.  We scheduled a date for them and are hoping they follow through. Next Saturday we have a big conference with our mission and the mission beneath us; Missão Brasil Salvador South.  We are all meeting in Salvador and Elder Neil L. Anderson from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is coming to speak to us. I am very excited for that!

That's about it for the week. I sure am grateful to be here in Brasil, and for the opportunity I have to be a missionary for our Heavenly Father. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and is willing to help us with any problems we have in our lives. Thanks for all the support!!! I hope that everybody is doing well. Talk to you guys next week. 

Com Amor (with love),

Èlder Nickerson 

Haha, our hot water broke again! We had to buy a new heating element and rewire it again..

One of the great thrills a missionary has is to play a part in having the gospel change the life of a person, of a complete family - to see an unhappy mother, a confused father, a lost young woman or young man find his way to the path that leads to real happiness and eventually to eternal life.

No missionary that ever lived failed to influence the lives of many for the better regardless of the number of converts he may have gained.




No comments:

Post a Comment