Monday, May 25, 2015

IT'S. DANGEROUS.

Hey everybody!

This week has been a kind of slow week and I missed home quite a bit this week. But sometimes something that really scares me is how fast time really flies.  Before we know it I will be home and my mission is going to feel like a dream.  I'm grateful to be here and that we are members of the church.  I never realized this growing up, but we are so blessed to have the family we have and the parents that we have and all they do for us.  I am sure grateful for my parents, the knowledge of the gospel and the happiness it brings in our lives.

The rain has slowed down a little, but our ceiling in our house leaks water bad!  And now we are having problems with the electricity and we don't have hot water again. Mold is also starting to grow on all our things. President told us to look for a new house. It will be good to move to a different house. This one just has too many problems.  We are also getting two more elders in our house, so there will be 6 of us total.  

We received some references this week, so hopefully we can find them at home and start teaching them this week. 

Haha, I have seen monkeys here a few times now and there was one sitting in the door way of a house making a weird sound the other day. Haha!  They are so funny.  Here, instead of squirrels running up the trees and power poles, they have monkeys. 


My area isn't very big.  There is a portion of our area on a hill.  At night time we can't go up to the hill, the biggest part of our area, because it's really dark and everybody says it's dangerous. We try to stay away from that part at night. It is pretty intimidating.  

We found out last night that I will be staying with my companion for 1 more transfer here in Santo Amaro, and the other American will be leaving the house. I am kind of bummed out that the American elder will leave our apartment, but excited to see who the new elder will be. 



That is about it for this week. I'm excited to stay here and find and teach more people in this city. 

This week as I thought of home, I reflected on the power of prayer and the comfort that comes through daily prayer.  President Benson said, "All through my life the counsel to depend on prayer has been prized above almost any other advice I have ever received  It has become an intergral part of me, an anchor, a constant source of strength and the basis of my knowledge of things divine.  Our Heavenly Father is always near . . .  Thank God we can reach out and tap that unseen power, without which no man can do his best.  I testify that there is a God in heaven who hears and answers prayers.  I know this to be true, for He has answered mine.  I would humbly urge all within the sound of my voice to keep in close touch with our Father in Heaven, through prayer."

Hope you all have a good week and Happy Memorial Day.  Thanks for all. Talk to you guys later. 

Love, 
Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment