Monday, May 18, 2015

CITY. WITH. MONKEYS.

Hey Everybody!!
 
This week has been really good and really busy. First off, we had a zone meeting in a city called Fiera De Santana. It was really good and inspiring, but that night we missed our bus back to Santo Amaro and had to sleep in our zone leaders house.
 
 







 
 
 
This week it has rained for 5 days straight and the river is starting to flood again!! It is really high and in our house the ceiling is leaking water in every room but one. We have to get that fixed.
 
This week we were able to find a guy that accepted everything in the gospel and is excited about the church.  So I'm excited to start teaching him more. We also found out this week that this city has monkeys!!! I have a video, but it won't send.
 



 
 
 I hope that the rain will stop here soon because it hasn't stopped for 5 days and nothing has a chance to dry out. I have never seen so much rain in my life.  The weather here is so crazy.  I can't believe how fast it can change.  The sun will be shining and then torrential downpour.
 
Saturday night we had a wedding of a member here and Sunday, President Lisonbee, our mission president, came to church and looked at our house because two more Elders will be moving in with us.
 
I also wanted to let you guys know that if the weather is nice next pday, we are going to try and see the coastline.  So I may be a little late for emailing.
 
We got both new showers installed today and we got another light working in our room that wasn't.  A member was able to help us get things fixed in our apartment.  It is going to be so nice to have hot water again.  You don't realize how important the little things are until you don't have them.  I am grateful for hot water. 
 
Russell M. Nelson said, "Thanks to God's great plan of happiness, families can be together forever - as exalted beings.  Our Heavenly Father declared, 'This is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immorality and eternal life of man.' Both of His objectives were enabled by the Atonement of His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.  His Atonement made resurrection a reality and eternal life a possibility for all who would ever live."
 
 
 
That is about it for this week. Muito obrigado por tudo. Eu espero que voces tenham uma boa semana. Eu amo voces. Eu vou falar com voces proxima semana. (Thank you so much for everything.  I hope you have a good week.  I love you.  I'll talk with you next week.)



Com amor, (with love)
Elder Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment