Monday, March 14, 2016

LOTS. OF. OPPORTUNITIES. TO. USE. THE. PRIESTHOOD.

Hey everybody!! 

Well this transfer has already ended and I will be staying here in Camaçari. I will be getting a new companion from Fortaleza, a state here in Brasil. I am glad that I will be staying!! This week went well for us. We were able to have 7 investigators to go to church and have some baptisms coming up this transfer.  I am glad I get to see the work pay off. It is still hot as ever here, haha!  I think it is getting hotter everyday. But it should soon get into the raining season, so I am looking forward to that.  It should help cool it down a little.
Yesterday we were able to visit a member here that has a sickness that has no cure. He was able to go to church. It is always cool to see him at church. Yesterday we were able to give him a blessing. That was a neat experience for us.  

Sure am glad for the priesthood in our lives. We had a lot of opportunities to use it this week. That's about it for the week. Glad to be here, and sad my time is starting to come to an end. 

Here are a few pics of the beach last week!  There was a monkey that almost climbed on my shoulders. Well, I hope you all are doing well. Talk to you guys later. 

Com Amor, Elder Nickerson

Each of us has been entrusted with one of the most precious gifts ever bestowed upon mankind. As we honor our priesthood and live our lives so that we are at all times worthy, the blessings of the priesthood will flow through us. I love the words found in the Doctrine and Covenants, section 121, verse 45, which tell us what we must do to be worthy: “Let thy bowels … be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.”
As bearers of the priesthood of God, we are engaged in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. We have answered His call; we are on His errand. Let us learn of Him. Let us follow in His footsteps. Let us live by His precepts. By so doing, we will be prepared for any service He calls us to perform. This is His work. This is His Church. Indeed, He is our captain, the King of Glory, even the Son of God. - Thomas S. Monson





No comments:

Post a Comment